After posting a picture on Instagram about my Fawn Design diaper bag I have had a few questions from some other mama’s who love the bag, but are wondering if it will hold enough, or be necessary “long term” because their baby isn’t super little anymore. I thought I would write a post about my toddler diaper bag, and what I keep in it!
I still carry a diaper bag or use my Tote Savvy insert in a tote 99% of the time, even though my kids are 2 and 4, and no one is in diapers. I wanted to show what I carry in my bag for the time being with 2 toddlers. I keep my bag packed the same all the time. I load it either at night or in the morning daily, and feel it makes me much more prepared for daily outings!
- A CamelBak for both kids. These are my favorite water bottles for toddlers and both of my kids have several. They close up tight so I don’t worry they will leak in my bag.
- A pouch with “mommy items.” This has my headphones, lipstick, lotion, etc. I keep all of my items in one pouch so it can easily be grabbed with my wallet to go in a purse for date night, or outings on my own.
- A pouch with snacks for my kids. I always have snacks for the kids on me. Some of you know that my oldest, Jack, has an egg allergy, so grabbing snacks out and about isn’t always possible.
- A toy for each kiddo.
- S’well bottle
- Ju-Ju-Be Be Quick Wristlet This is fairly new and I LOVE IT. I still carry a pull-up for Avé (just incase), wipes for hands and faces, and extra pants and undies for Avé. This all fits in this great wristlet, and I’m sure I will love it even more for baby
- Wet Bag (similar: I sew most of mine). I keep this on me incase of an accident for Avé.
- My wallet
- Sunglasses for myself and most of the time 1 or both kids.
- Stroller straps for our umbrella stroller (Similar) This is a just incase item, but I just keep them on me.
- Chocolate milk. You’re probably thinking its a random Item, but I am a Starbucks frequenter, and have started just keeping these Horizon chocolate milks in my bag and when we get to the window I hand them back to the kids, and they are thrilled as though I got them their own drink at Starbucks.
I would love to hear what you keep in your toddler diaper bag, and stay tuned for a baby addition to this post because I am sure things will change in the next few months.